On November 21, 2003, between 9:00 and 10:00 p.m., a psychologist named Dr. Virgil Davis was driving toward his home in Morehead, Kentucky. Riding with him were his two sons, aged 15 and 18. They were almost home when suddenly, they witnessed a bright, oval-shaped craft flying over a field near their home. Dr. Davis described the craft as moving erratically, like a hummingbird, quite a distance from the ground. After a few minutes, it moved down a hundred feet or so, stayed in that position a few minutes, and dropped a little farther and remained there for a while, like an elevator moving from floor to floor. Dr. Davis and his son watched the objects for three or four minutes. Then it darted to different parts of the sky. They stopped the car and got out to get a better look. After watching the craft for a few minutes, they concluded that it was a UFO, not a helicopter or the Aurora Borealis, as they had suspected at first.

Dr. Davis and his sons drove the rest of the way to their house. They raced up the stairs to the second floor, eager to catch another glimpse of the strange craft. Staring out of a bedroom window toward the northeast, they watched the UFO descend into the field. Gradually, the white light it was emitting changed to a reddish glow. All of the normal outdoor sounds ceased at that moment. An eerie silence settled on the scene outside. All at once, the neighbor’s a dog began barking frantically. Other animals joined in, howling and barking wildly. After a few seconds, the now red-colored object accelerated and shot off into the darkness. Dr. Davis and his son had been standing at the window, transfixed, for at least ten minutes.

Immediately after the UFO vanished into the night sky, Dr. Davis’ sons ran downstairs and charged through the front door. Almost immediately, the boys returned to the house claiming—between gasps for breath—that they had heard a woman in the field screaming, “Help me! Oh, my God! Help me!” Twenty minutes later, approximately twenty police officers and a rescue squad showed up at the field where Dr. Davis and his sons had seen the UFO land. One of the policemen told Dr. Davis that the others had heard the screaming as well. The fire department scanned the area with a thermal imaging camera, but no evidence of a human presence could be found. Because no one had submitted a missing person’s report, the police terminated the investigation.

Most of the authorities ascribed Dr. Davis’ sighting of the UFO to the Northern Lights, which several witnesses from the Rockfork area had seen a couple of days before. However, a few weeks later, a UFO researcher interviewed a woman who claimed that she and her daughter had also seen a UFO on the night of November 21. Her description of the behavior of the strange craft matched Dr. Davis’. In addition, a crop circle had appeared in a rye field at Flemingsburg, Kentucky, only forty-five miles sought of Morehead, in the spring of 2003. In the light of this additional evidence, is it logical to assume that witnesses heard a woman scream as she was being abducted by a UFO? If a woman actually was carried off by a flying saucer, then why were no reports of a missing female ever found?